Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Day Shift

John 9:4
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Almost every morning my dad would come into my bedroom to wake me up. During my teenage years I struggled at getting up. He would be happy and loud. Did I mention that he would be loud? For as long as I have been on this earth my dad has been a morning person. Sunday's were the worst. That's when he had been up for a while reading his Bible and listening to gospel music. It was time to worship! He'd bust through my door and say, "Get up, get up. Oh, what a morning!"

I can understand his excitement on Sunday's, but he continued this routine every single day. One thing he changed though, he would say, "Get up, it's time to work. We must work while it is day for night cometh when no man can work." I hated when he would throw scripture on me. I would always come back with, "Jesus wasn't talking about cutting grass." He would come back with, "Oh yes He was."

As I look back this morning at those times I believe more and more that I was wrong and he was right. Jesus was talking about doing the will of the Father while it was day. Accomplishing the will of His Father while He could. Dad wanted me to cut the grass and as much as I would like to argue about it, I couldn't do that at night. (Push mowers didn't have headlights)

Today is the day the Lord has made right? So, get up and get busy! Work today in His field because night cometh when no man can work. Up, up, up! It's time to get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter of Recomendation

Philippians 2:20-22 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. For all seek their own, not the things which are ...