Thursday, January 4, 2018

Love Lifted Me

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I read something yesterday that really struck a chord within me. It said, "Ships don't sink by water being around them. They sink by water being in them." Wow what a statement. Simple, but yet full of absolute truth!

We are in a world soaked and saturated with sin. Like an ocean of water, our society and nation is drowning from ungodly waves of filth. But we are in Christ! We will not be conformed to this world and its sin. We are transformed by the blood of Christ. We need not let the sin of this world enter into our lives. Stay away from sin. Don't let the water enter into your life. That's when the boat starts to sink. Jesus saved us from sinking in sin.

One of the greatest things about Jesus is that He was without sin. He was the only one on Calvary's hill that day that had no sin in Him. He had sin all around Him, but none within Him. He was not conformed to this world. He didn't allow the sin of this world to enter into His vessel. We need to learn from Chrst today. Because of His death, we have life. Because of His holiness, we have His righteousness.

Don't let the water in your vessel. It would only be a matter of time until you sink in sin.

I was sinking deep in sin Far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stain with sin sinking to rise no more
But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry,
And from the waters He lifted me and safe am I

Love lifted me, love lifted me
When nothing else could help, love lifted me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter of Recomendation

Philippians 2:20-22 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. For all seek their own, not the things which are ...